On the final day of a weather-delayed breeze show, the workouts were uninterrupted to wrap up the 2022 OBS March Under Tack show.
Three horses shared the co-fastest quarter-mile work of 20 4/5:
- Series Star, hip 446, a dark bay/brown Violence colt out of graded stakes winner Freedom Star, by Street Cry (IRE), is consigned to the sale by Eddie Woods as agent.
- Hip 456 is a bay colt by first-season sire Awesome Slew out of the Into Mischief mare, Genau. From the family of graded stakes winning millionaire and OBS March grad Western Pride, he is consigned to the sale by Ocala Stud.
- Hip 521, a bay colt by Into Mischief consigned by Golden Rock Thoroughbreds as agent, is out of the Street Cry (IRE) mare Jellicle Song, herself out of the Grade 1 winning millionaire, Precious Kitten.
Five horses shared the second fastest quarter time of 21 flat:
- Hip 461, a gray/roan Frosted colt consigned by Golden Rock Thoroughbreds as agent is out of Ginza, a full to multimillionaire, Breeders’ Cup winner and OBS graduate Stephanie’s Kitten.
- Hip 530 is a bay Practical Joke colt out of the Medaglia d’Oro mare, Juliette Ava, herself a half to Grade 1 winner, Siphonic. He is consigned by Eddie Woods as agent.
- Hip 542, a bay Medaglia d’Oro colt, is out of graded stakes placed stakes winner, Kelly’s Humor, by Midnight Lute. He is also consigned by Eddie Woods as agent.
- Hip 548, a bay colt by West Coast out of Kimono, by Flatter, is a half to stakes winner Keke Kimono. He is again consigned by Eddie Woods as agent.
- Hip 604, a bay colt by Speightster is out of Manitou Moon, by Shanghai Bobby. The mare is a half-sister to stakes winner Fierce Lady and the colt is consigned by Pick View as agent.
Six horses tied for the fastest furlong in 9 4/5:
- Hip 437, Mor Speed, a chestnut colt by freshman sire Mor Spirit was the first to break the 10-second barrier today. He is out of the winning Indian Charlie mare, Follow My Tail, a daughter of group stakes winner Freefourracing.
- Hip 438, a dark bay/brown Bolt d’Oro colt consigned by Top Line Sales LLC as agent, is out of Foolish Cause, by Giant’s Causeway, herself a half-sister to multiple Grade 1 winning millionaire Get Stormy. The colt is a half to stakes winner Foolish Humor.
- Hip 534, a chestnut filly by Midshipman out of the Tapit mare Kalistoga Girl, who is out of stakes winner Calendar Girl. She is consigned to the sale by Cruzin’ Thoroughbreds as agent.
- Hip 544, a chestnut Shackleford filly out of Key Is to Win, by Dixie Union, is closely related to graded stakes winner Tiz the Bomb from the consignment of Longoria Training & Sales as agent.
- Hip 545 consigned by Hawk’s Rest LLC, is a dark bay/brown Uncaptured colt out of Keyvacious, by Teuflesberg, making the mare a half to dual-champion Deland.
- Hip 631, a chestnut colt by Goldencents consigned by Jose Munoz, is out of the Stormy Atlantic mare Ms Hallie and from the family of Grade 1 winner and OBS grad In Summation.
The OBS March Sale begins Tuesday, March 15 at 1pm with hips 1 – 316. The sale continues Wednesday, March 16 at 10:30am with hips 317 – 635.
The entire March Sale catalog can be viewed via the OBS website at http://obssales.com. The website’s searchable and sortable master index provides links to under tack videos, walking videos, conformation photos, pedigree and consignor information as well as pedigree updates occurring since the catalog was printed. It has also been updated to allow shortlist creation.
The iPad version of the entire catalog is available via the equineline Sales Catalog app. The app allows users to download and view the catalog, record notes and also provides innovative search, sort and rating capability. For information and downloads visit: http://www.equineline.com/SalesCatalogApp/.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
Under Tack results will be available on the OBS website, updated throughout each session. In addition, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers is also available. E-mail should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding the March Sale or OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.